Welcome to the Bohemian Glass Collector. There is plenty to look at, so take your time and enjoy. Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions. I might not know the answer, but I will help you find it.

Initially the focus of my collecting was glass produced by Kralik, Loetz, Rindskopf, Pallme-Konig and Beyermann but as my knowledge and awareness of others producers expanded, so did my collection. I soon began looking for examples of Beranek, Harrach,Goldberg, Welz, Lobmeyr, Dugan and Ruckl. I am sure it won't stop there!
 
The motivation behind this blog is to create a pictorial reference for collectors and to share information and links to reputable sites.

The knowledge needed to collect quality art glass can be overwhelming, which can become somewhat blurred by the number of misattributions and misleading information perpetrated by sellers from all venues. Much of this information is due to lazy research or greed. Not every piece of glass on the market is Loetz!

I started collecting art glass about seven years ago. Prior to collecting glass, I collected Van Briggle pottery. I still maintain a Van Briggle collection and a blog Van Briggle Pottery

Like Van Briggle pottery, it is the stylized shapes, the rich colours and the textures of art glass that had me doing double takes whenever I attended antique shows and flea markets. Aside from the beautiful shapes, colours and textures, what intrigues me is that something so fragile has managed to survive the activities of daily living in the homes in which they were treasured for the last 80-plus years. One can only imagine that stories that each piece could tell.

All pieces shown here are from my collection, and to the best of my knowledge all attributions are accurate.

7 comments:

Elisabeth Horton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte Keyte said...

Hello

I loved your blog and was wondering whether you might be interested in appearing in a BBC two series called. It is a primetime show presented by antiques expert Mark Hill which explores people’s passion for collecting.
If this is something you might be interested in or you would like to ask some more questions please feel free to email me at charlotte.keyte@rdftelevision.com or call me on 0207013 4138

Thanks
Charlotte Keyte

Erin Tuminello said...

I have bohemia glass I can't identify or find online. I have a set of 12 different color based "gina" glasses. They range in colors on the base of the gina design and they have the blue "bohemia glass" label. I have been searching for a couple weeks and what looks like would pop up is not showing up anywhere!!!!!!! I see clear! Gina glasses and a array of the rainbow colored glasses from flutes wine glasses tumblers etc but none in this design I have (gina style) I have been on everything from bohemia glass crystal page to ebay to vast array of dealers and collectors etc. Please help me identify my pieces if possible would send picture but not giving me that option. Email tuminelloerin@yahoo.com

Charlotte Johns said...

Dear Mac,
I am trying to track down several sets of Moser Highball Bar Glasses in dark blue (most stockists only have aquamarine).
I was wondering if you have any contacts who may be able to help me?
Thank you,
C

Marcia Elliot said...

Hi. I am in New Zealand and was wondering what you could tell me about the KRALIK FLORIFORM BASKET in uranium. There is no damage at all, I have run over all parts with my fingers and tere is no damage, Ive even looked with a agnifying glass. It really is beautiful. Do you have one?
kind Reards

Marie said...

Hello, I´m Marie from Sweden. I have searched the history of my glass vase for a long time now. It has been very interesting and learning! So much there is to see on the internet.

Yesterday (after 12 month of searching) I found out that my vase is made by Beyermann & co, Haida in 1900.

Now, when i´m trying to find more about it, I found this site.

Best regards!/ Marie

Marie said...

Hello again anyone there? I´m waiting to here from you.
Please mail me on svensson.olehag@telia.com (wrong mail address below)

I´m need more information about my vase from Beyermann, I´ve been searching but there is not so much too see on the internet after all! Thank you,hopefully Marie